Round and About...
August 25, 2014
- I am currently preaching through Job and previously posted links to the commentaries/resources that have been most helpful to me. I have also been helped by a number of books on the theme of suffering. Here are the ones I have turned to most frequently:
A Place for Weakness by Michael Horton
Suffering and the Goodness of God, Morgan & Peterson editors
Holding on to Hope by Nancy Guthrie
- Some brief thoughts from me on Ferguson, MO have been posted over at Christianity.com.
- Justin and Lindsey Holcomb have done some good work in helping victims of sexual abuse. HERE is audio of an interview with Justin addressing such questions as what constitutes sexual abuse? What to do if you have been abused, What is the church's role?
- Janet Harris of the Washington Post wants us to stop calling abortion "a difficult decision." Or, now we can call pro-choice what it truly is - pro-abortion.
- David Murray continues to post helpful resources on the subject of depression.