Long Time Alliance Friend Retires
P&R Editorial VP to Retire
Marvin Padgett will retire in August as P&R Publishing's Vice President-Editorial after seven years with the organization.
The current president of Great Commission Publications' board of trustees, Padgett has worked in the book-related business since 1982, when he became the manager of the bookstore at L'Abri in Huémoz, Switzerland.
From 1983-96, Padgett owned and managed the Logos Bookstore of Nashville, Tennessee. An avid reader, he later worked as editorial vice president at Crossway Books from 1997-2005, where he was a member of the ESV Translation Oversight Committee.
Padgett has served as a board member of Covenant College (1995-03), Good News Publishers (1988-98) and Great Commission Publications (1991-present). From 1996-97, he worked as the PCA campus ministry coordinator in Atlanta, Georgia.
In 2010, Padgett co-edited Calvin and Culture: Exploring a Worldview (P&R) with David Hall. He is a teaching elder in the Presbyterian Church in America and continues to speak at L'Abri conferences across the US.
P&R Publishing would like to thank Marvin for the books he brought to fruition with the company, and for his spiritual leadership.
reformation21 is the online magazine of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. It is supported only by its readers and gracious Christians like you. Please prayerfully consider supporting reformation21 and the mission of the Alliance. Please donate here.
- The Trinitarian Debate: Some Reflections and Cautions
- A Survey of Male-Only Ordination in Key New Testament Texts
- Another Thirteen Evangelical Theologians Who Affirm the Eternal Submission of the Son to the Father
- The Eternal Subordination of the Son Controversy: Survey of Some Relevant Material
- God's Ambassadors: The Westminster Assembly as Candidates and Credentials Committee
- The Real John Knox
- Praying for Heretics: Irenaeus of Lyons' First Prayer for the Gnostics
- God's Ambassadors: The Westminster Assembly and the Reform of the English Pulpit, 1643-1653
- Ressourcement: Irenaeus of Lyons and His Answer to the Hyper-Spirituality of Gnosticism