Books for Christmas
For the kids:
- The new Pilgrim's Progress, edited by C. J. Lovik and illustrated by Mike Wimmer. This new Crossway Book is excellent in every way. It is truly a beautiful book. Buy it for the whole family and read it together. Your kids will always remember it.
- John Calvin: A Children's Story Behind the Legacy by Kerry L. Tittle. Buy one last book to round out the Calvin 500 year and make it this one.
- Heidi L. Nichols, Anne Bradtsreet: A Guided Tour of the Life and Thought of a Puritan Poet, by P&R. Yes, there's a boatload of self-interest here, but trust me, your wives will love it. Read the poetry with her and she'll love it and you even more.
- Brandon G. Withrow, Katherine Parr: A Guided Tour of the Life and Thought of a Reformation Queen, by P&R. Yes, some self-interest here, too, but Parr deserves far more attention than she is given. Her Lamentation Or Complaint of a Sinner, reproduced here, is worth the price of the book alone.
- Thomas J. Nettles, James Petigru Boyce: A Southern Baptist Statesman, by P&R. This is a first-class biography on a statesman-scholar-gentleman by a statesman-scholar-gentleman. Biographies should "sing," and this one does.
reformation21 is the online magazine of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. It is supported only by its readers and gracious Christians like you. Please prayerfully consider supporting reformation21 and the mission of the Alliance. Please donate here.