Day 5: and more sermons: Ted Donnelly with a superlative exposition of the closing verses of Romans 8 (if you can get a hold of this sermon you should); Hywel Jones on the Elihu narratives in Job (making the case that Elihu was a godly preacher rather than a "wind-bag" as so many, myself included (!), have concluded; and finally, yours truly on Romans 11:33-36.
Preaching in Calvin's pulpit is a great honor and I doubt that I could imagine a greater one. But it's midnight and my bus leaves the hotel in four hours time and I have yet to pack!
reformation21 is the online magazine of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. It is supported only by its readers and gracious Christians like you. Please prayerfully consider supporting reformation21 and the mission of the Alliance. Please donate here.
- The Trinitarian Debate: Some Reflections and Cautions
- A Survey of Male-Only Ordination in Key New Testament Texts
- Another Thirteen Evangelical Theologians Who Affirm the Eternal Submission of the Son to the Father
- The Eternal Subordination of the Son Controversy: Survey of Some Relevant Material
- God's Ambassadors: The Westminster Assembly as Candidates and Credentials Committee
- The Real John Knox
- Praying for Heretics: Irenaeus of Lyons' First Prayer for the Gnostics
- God's Ambassadors: The Westminster Assembly and the Reform of the English Pulpit, 1643-1653
- Ressourcement: Irenaeus of Lyons and His Answer to the Hyper-Spirituality of Gnosticism