Reformation Hymn Festival
Westminster Seminary California's President, Dr. Robert Godfrey, was the preacher. He made a simple but important point about the Protestant Reformation: the recovery of the Scriptures for the people of God enabled communication to take place in two directions. It enabled God to speak to his people in the reading and preaching of the Word; it also enabled God's people to speak back to him, especially by singing the Word of God.
In the morning services Dr. Godfrey observed that what he witnessed in the children's Sunday School would have been impossible 500 years ago: a room full of children with Bibles on their laps.
Praise God that we have the Word for reading, for preaching, and for singing!
reformation21 is the online magazine of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. It is supported only by its readers and gracious Christians like you. Please prayerfully consider supporting reformation21 and the mission of the Alliance. Please donate here.
- The Trinitarian Debate: Some Reflections and Cautions
- A Survey of Male-Only Ordination in Key New Testament Texts
- Another Thirteen Evangelical Theologians Who Affirm the Eternal Submission of the Son to the Father
- The Eternal Subordination of the Son Controversy: Survey of Some Relevant Material
- God's Ambassadors: The Westminster Assembly as Candidates and Credentials Committee
- The Real John Knox
- Praying for Heretics: Irenaeus of Lyons' First Prayer for the Gnostics
- God's Ambassadors: The Westminster Assembly and the Reform of the English Pulpit, 1643-1653
- Ressourcement: Irenaeus of Lyons and His Answer to the Hyper-Spirituality of Gnosticism