This is the first post in a series related to my new book on the theology of William Strong (ca. 1611–1654), an influential leader at the Westminster Assembly. Each post will focus on a particular question:
1. What is a covenant of works?
2. Did God make a covenant of works with Adam in the Garden?
3. In what sense is the covenant of works still in effect?
4. How does knowing about the covenant of works affect my life?
Anne Ross Cundell Cousin – A Compassionate Friend
Anne’s Early Life
Samuel Miller – Conscientious Pastor and Teacher
Basic information – four ideas
Looking for the Lost
Little Bo-Peep has lost her sheep and doesn’t know where to find them;
Leave them alone and they will come home, wagging their tails behind them.
How are God’s people to respond? We remind each other:
- Jesus will never leave us nor forsake us.[i]
The Doctrine of Angels
With All Your Heart