That Makes Trueman (No First Name Needed) the Most Powerful Celebrity Pastor in the Western World
With one deft press of the "post" button, our brother has brought a heavyweight Evangelical publisher to their knees with an apology and a retraction of a new book on the Reformation. Not many bloggers I know have that kind of sway. In fact, only my brother Trueman!
Okay, I'm jesting at Trueman's expense. But in all seriousness, I'm made grateful that:
1. The Lord has blessed Trueman to be the resource that he is on such important historical and theological matters; and,
2. The Lord has granted integrity to editors at IVP to respond humbly and faithfully to significant issues in the publishing of at least this one book. When's the last time we've seen that?
reformation21 is the online magazine of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals. It is supported only by its readers and gracious Christians like you. Please prayerfully consider supporting reformation21 and the mission of the Alliance. Please donate here.
- Praying for Heretics: Irenaeus of Lyons' First Prayer for the Gnostics
- God's Ambassadors: The Westminster Assembly and the Reform of the English Pulpit, 1643-1653
- Ressourcement: Irenaeus of Lyons and His Answer to the Hyper-Spirituality of Gnosticism
- 'Rise, heart; thy Lord is risen'
- Openness Unhindered